Nutrition Section Internship at UNICEF
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Nutrition Section Internship at UNICEF
Position: Nutrition Section
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Internship
Place of Work: Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: June, 22/2022
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Health
How can you make a difference?
Under the overall supervision of the nutrition specialist, the candidate will take the responsibility
- Provide support to the Regional Health Bureau in preparing the annual working plan to align the core activities with UNICEF to stop stunting flagship
- Providing technical support for RHB, ZHD, woho, in the implementation of the nutrition intervention at the health facility level is performed within the established targets, policies and procedures as per the national protocols
- Participate in different coordination meetings, networking, document the meeting notes, and follow the action points
- To support ENO/ Emergency nutrition Officers and MHNT in the region
- Make field visits to the health post and woreda level to supervise and take timely corrective actions and recommend possible solutions
- Assist the selected /CINUS/ woredas to ensure all indicators of nutrition are captured in the health system, and relevant data is collected and analyzed
- Support pilot programs/evidence generation/ proactively
- Documenting each step of internship pathways
- Prepare a personal development plan and set future targets
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- He /she should be enrolled at a university in Ethiopia at the undergraduate or graduate level or be a recent graduate (within the past two years) in nutrition, public health, Social Science, Health Education/promotion, or related technical field is required.
- Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development and management is an asset
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners
- Work experience and/or familiarity with emergencies is considered an asset.
- Be proficient in English. Knowledge of another UN language and the local language is an advantage.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS).
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. The candidate may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid).
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now