Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Summary: – The position holder is responsible to coordinate and direct the financial activities of the company and keeping the management team up to date. Guide the cost analysis process by formulating an efficient cash inflow and outflow system so as to ensure the financial position of the company is precise.
- Ensures Accounting policies and procedures are implemented and regularly manner;
- Provide analysis of cash flow by considering the overall operating costs and variances and recommend the necessary changes;
- Responsible for the operations of all local bank accounts and monitoring cash movements as a whole;
- Advising business decision making to initiate improved business performance;
- Assist employees to bring better work performance and provide in-house training as required,
- Manage all aspects of accounting activities including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, Payroll, bank reconciliations, journal entries posting, costing, and other accounting functions.
- Prepares monthly financial statements including, balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements and submit to the concerned management body;
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements;
- Supervising all accounting entries & daily activities are properly documented;
- Control the status of goods in transit & preparing cost sheet for imported goods;
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of monthly government dues like payroll tax, pension, VAT and withholding tax;
- prepare Monthly reconciliation of ledgers to ensure proper posting of all journals on time;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-year & year-end financial statements for management review;
- Maintain fixed asset register, processing & reconciliation of Inter-company accounts;
- Responsible in preparation of papers work to facilitate annual audit and declaration of profit tax;
- Assists in other organizational activities and tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or Masters in accounting and finance and related fields
- IFRS certification mandatory
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Ability to prioritize and work on deadlines
- Strong analytical, communication skills and computer skills.
- Ethical behavior and attention to detail
- Self-initiative and result oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Years if experience: – 5+ years’ experience in import/export company
Workplace: Addis Ababa
Submission: Interested applicants fulfilling the above requirements can submit their CV and copy of their credentials through our email address email@example.com
Note:- Don’t forget to write the position you are applying for in the subject line!
“Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply”
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now