Procurement Specialist at National Bank of Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
National Bank of Ethiopia
Procurement Specialist Job at National Bank of Ethiopia
The Financial Sector Strengthening and Access Project (FSSP) is an upstream reform operation that aims to address financial sector constraints to broad based growth in Ethiopia and through it enhances stability and soundness of the sector. The main objective of the project is to enhance financial sector stability through strengthening keys sector institutions namely National Bank of Ethiopia (NBE), Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) and Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE). The project is financed by the World Bank (WB) and implemented by NBE, CBE and DBE.
NBE has the mandate for overall project coordination of the day to day management of the project and serves as an interlocutor between the World Bank and implementing agencies. To assist with implementation of the project, the National Bank of Ethiopia would like to invite competent and energetic applicants for the following post(s) under the Project Implementation Unit.
Brief Job Descriptions are:-
- Prepare procurement plans and periodic status reports on the procurement of goods and service under the project.
- Following the World Bank standard bidding documents, prepare specification of purchase request and bid documents
- Coordinate tender/evaluation committee meetings, participate in tender evaluation and negotiation, prepare evaluation reports, minutes and contract agreement.
- Complete and forward purchase order or contracts to suppliers or consultants; negotiate and follow-up as required
- Collect bid bond, Performa Invoice and performance bond and ensure their validity and timely release
- Ensure timely receipt of invoices, reports and goods
- Develop, install and maintain reporting system for procurement of goods and services for the project
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of all major facets of the government of Ethiopia and World Bank procurement policies
- High integrity and accountability in all aspects of project management
- Strong negotiation skill
- Good report writing and presentation skill
- Ability to work effectively with others
- 1st Degree or above in Logistic and Supplies Chain Management, Procurement and Supplies Management , Marketing Management, Management, Business Management or Administration, Economics, Accounting, Accounting and Finance or Banking & Finance
- 8/6/4 years of experience for 1st degree, 2nd degree or PhD holder, respectively, of which three or more years of experience in World Bank financed project s.
How To Apply:
An interested and qualified applicants should download application form from the Bank’s Website:https://nbe.gov.et/jobs-listing/, complete all mandatory parts and send the dully filled application form with copies of Grade 8th certificate, degree/Masters/PhD and work experience using the ethioJobs application address OR the below mentioned postal address of the Bank.
Human Resource Management Directorate
National Bank of Ethiopia
P. O. Box: 5550, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Incomplete and doubtful/suspicious documents will not be accepted by the Bank.
- The Bank’s application form must be dully filled and attached as per the instruction.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an assessment
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now