Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is now recruiting for an experienced in-house recruitment specialist to join the HR team and lead on recruitment-related activities specific to the Africa region. The Senior Recruitment Associate will report into the Recruitment Manager and will work to provide high-quality recruitment support to GAIN’s country offices in Africa, as well as other locations across the globe as required. This role is based in GAIN’s offices in Kenya, Ethiopia or Tanzania.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
The Senior Recruitment Associate is a key position within the GAIN HR Recruitment function.
Reporting to the Recruitment Manager, this is a pure recruitment role where the post holder will be working closely with the Recruitment team to deliver on a high volume of recruitment activity as well as supporting the HR team with general projects. This is an exciting opportunity to help contribute to the development of the recruitment function.
Specific Responsibilities include;
- Leading GAIN’s full recruitment lifecycle activities across countries in Africa (and other designated areas as may be required), the post holder will be responsible for leading on a number of open vacancies at all levels
- Maintaining consistent KPIs in speed/quality of hire and establishing strong business partnering standards
- Managing the delivery of complex end-to-end recruitment processes in a number of international locations (primarily across the Africa regions) in a highly organised and efficient manner (including advertising, shortlisting, interview screening and scheduling and onboarding)
- Building and maintaining a database of high-quality candidates to rapidly respond to recruiting needs
- Establishing relationships with external service providers (recruitment agencies, job boards etc) ensuring the best cost to hire, in addition to the delivery of an effective and quality service
- Collaborating with the Africa HR Business Partner, GAIN’s country office teams and the leadership team to understand current and future hiring requirements through workforce planning activity and conduct job evaluations in line with GAIN’s classification scheme
- Developing innovative recruitment campaigns and strategies to support with niche hires
- Providing specialist guidance/expertise on job design, pipelining and sourcing channels appropriate to GAIN’s in-country requirements.
- Providing expert guidance and coaching to hiring managers and interview panels on the recruitment policies, recruitment and selection processes, design and delivery of competency / strength-based interviews and assessments
You should be an experienced in-house recruitment specialist ideally having worked within the not for-profit, development or public sector. You should also have in-depth knowledge of the African recruitment space with the ability to work effectively within an international, matrix structure environment.
Alongside this, you must be experienced in 360 recruitment practices internationally and have strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Proven experience of applying job evaluation methodologies (Hay method, Birches etc) would be an asset and you will have a keen interest working in a standalone recruitment specialist role.
In addition to the above, you should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field, or possess equivalent relevant work experience. Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential, as are excellent IT skills.
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is as follows:
- Kenya – 2,849,328 – 3,259,800 KES per annum, dependent on experience
- Tanzania – 25,325 – 28,959 USD per annum, dependent on experience
- Ethiopia – 661,224 – 756,216 ETB per annum, dependent on experience
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This advert closes on 31st May 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Kenya. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the following link:
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now