Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you
We are looking for a National MERA Manager who will be responsible for establishing or strengthening monitoring, evaluating, and analysing systems, and directly supervise M&E team, focusing where necessary on extensive capacity building. The National MERA Manager will also be responsible to lead relevant research, learning, and the implementation of best practices working closely with the program teams. Moreover, she/he will support the management by providing up-to-date M&E information that supports evidence-based decision-making and ultimately contributes to organizational learning
Research and program development
- Promoting evidence-based learning through undertaking research and documentation at the National and program locations level
- Assuring that baselines and evaluations are conducted in accordance to partnership/donor guidelines and standards, provide technical backstopping to baselines, assessments, and evaluating, and collaborate with consultants.
- Supporting programs in documenting and disseminating innovations and new research findings related to M&E and Programs
- Supporting development and emergency response projects by undertaking needs/rapid needs assessment and development of M&E tools.
- Monitoring and following up on utilization of recommendations from technical supportive monitoring and evaluation surveys across the PLS.
- Providing technical guidance and leadership in project design processes at the Program location and national level
- Supporting the effective use of RBM and PRAG guidelines and tools in the development and monitoring of projects
- Providing well-analysed program information to support evidence-based decision-making and program development.
- Feasibility studies, surveys, assessments, baselines, evaluations, etc., are closely supported and monitored against organizational standards and requirements.
- Enhance learning by sharing M&E lessons and good practices among the internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating the development/updating of organizational Theory of Change and Result Framework is coordinated.
- Supporting the grant acquisition process by participating in proposal development
Evidence-based Learning, Documentation and Knowledge management
- Promoting and facilitating processes for identifying, documenting and disseminating good practices at a Programme and National Level
- Designing and implementing a system to identify, analyse, document and disseminate lessons learned as per the RBM guidelines and tools
- Initiating appropriate mechanisms or strategies to support the continued quality improvement of M&E tools and systems.
- Coordinating field monitoring activities, produce monitoring reports and follow up the implementation of recommendations..
- Ensuring the regular data capturing in to SOS CVE program database and monitor the data quality
- Reviewing and strengthen the M&E system of the organization together with the M&E and program staffs.
- Supporting SOSCVE strategic and annual plan preparation as per the internal organizational guidelines and tools
- Preparing and submitting SOSCVE annual activity and financial plan and reports for Charities and Societies Agency.
Managing People and Financial Resources
- Performing work packaging and assigns people to each work package
- Coordinating and synergizing the efforts of his team towards the achievements of the objectives of the department
- Following up and appraising the performance of colleagues in his/her team and provides them immediate and relevant feedback
- Facilitating for the training and development of colleagues under his supervision
- Making sure that colleagues internalize and make use of M&E guidelines and tools of the organization
- Organizing M&E review meetings for colleagues to promote learning
Ensuring adherence to the SOS CVE Child Protection Policy
Ensuring child participation, protection, and safeguarding are central to M&E and programs
Ensuring budgets are used for intended purposes and they are spent in accordance with approved procedures and limits and donor requirements
Reporting cases of abuse and neglect to the National Focal Person and National CS Team as well as follow-up of cases as per the SOS CVE Child Protection Policy stipulations
Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
- Masters degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, sociology, Project Management, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 7 years of direct experience in managing and executing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for donor-funded programs.
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Demonstrates familiarity and understanding of qualitative and quantitative Monitoring & Evaluation methodologies that incorporate rigorous statistical methods, impact evaluation, participatory Monitoring, and Evaluation techniques; and developing and implementing M&E plan and Results Framework.
- Plans, coordinates, and organizes work while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Establishes, builds, and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- In-depth knowledge of M&E concepts approaches and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Focuses on the result, consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
How to apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge…….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
“Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people”
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now