Project manager in Arsi (Oromia, Ethiopia) – Mundukide
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Mundukide Fundazioa has been working in the world of international cooperation for 20 years and is currently present in 5 countries (Mozambique, Brazil, Colombia, Ethiopia and Ecuador) collaborating with local partners in the area of regional socioeconomic development and organizational strengthening.
The Ethiopian Programme began its activities in 2019 with a prolonged identification phase that led it to establish small-scale agriculture as its main activity. The objective of the program is to support the productive-commercial development of family farming through technical assistance and facilitate the purchase of inputs.
The selected person will be responsible for identifying and formulating new projects that are part of the long-term development agenda in Ethiopia. In addition, you will be responsible for implementing and managing the projects formulated together with local partners.
- Identification of the project: identification and selection of local partners, identification of new productive opportunities, design of implementation methodologies, carrying out diagnoses / field studies, monitoring of new initiatives, opportunities or trends within the family farming sector…
- Collaborate with the program manager to formulate projects: activity desing, schedules, budgets, …
- Project management: collaborate with the local partner to start-up and development activities, work teams’ selection, management of inputs, administrative and economic monitoring of the project, preparation of reports …
- Promote the capacity building of field teams and partners in their area of work.
- Manage collaboration with other NGO institutions, farmer associations, traders, agricultural cooperatives, and other institutions.
- Responsible for the institutional relations of the organization within the country and the general management of the foundation in the country.
Unit and coordination
Report to the gestor of the program hierarchically and functionally.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Languages: preference will be given to people with a good English level. Knowledge of Amharic and/or Oromo will be positively valued.
- Work experience in Ethiopia. The work experience in Africa will be positively valued.
- Experience in identifying, formulating, and managing projects, especially in the sector of rural development.
- Training and experience in gender and development.
- Two years contract and working conditions according to Mundukide tables.
- Workplace: Oromia Region, Arsi zone (Ethiopia)
- MUNDUKIDE is an organization committed to equality, all applications will be welcome.
How to apply
Interested persons can send their CV to email@example.com
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now