Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Role Title: Project People Lead
Responsible to: Project Implementation Lead
Responsible for: None
Location, Group & Function: Ethiopia
Safeguarding level: Level 1
This post will have no direct contact/access to children and vulnerable adults, post holder will be expected to have a full commitment to uphold VSO safeguarding policy at all times. As part of our safer recruitment practice, a criminal background check (Basic DBS check for UK or equivalent Police check) will be obtained for the post holder prior to starting date
Purpose: Provide business partnering and high-quality people support services to projects for VSO in Ethiopia throughout the programme cycle to enable VSO people (employees and volunteers) to deliver projects successfully.
- Provide HR Business Partnering to Project Implementation Lead and Project Managers for all aspects of people management, people engagement, people development and duty of care.
- Keep up to date and ensure full compliance with governance/employment laws as set out by Ethiopian labor law.
- Provide high-quality people support services to ensure all people policies, initiatives and processes are effectively implemented in alignment with VSO’s policies.
- Provide guidance and support for a project set-up on risk assessment, and recruitment planning ensuring a safe, timely and quality recruitment and selection process for the project team.
- Support the project implementation lead to ensure the project team have the right capacity and capability to deliver the project at high standards,
- Provide HR expertise with an in-depth understanding of all people-related costs in the country for full cost recovery.
- Responsible for administration of VSO People management system both hard and electronic records.
- Administer contract terms and conditions, compensation and benefit, and maintain and update country specific people policies.
- Promote a high performance, continuous learning and coaching culture.
- Serve as the designated safeguarding focal person.
- Collaborate with the learning and development team to coordinate learning and development initiatives for project staff
- With global people team to maintain alignment and standardisation in the application of VSO policies
- Collaborate with the duty of care team on effective people incident, case management, and safeguarding responses
- With portfolio, implementation managers ensure smooth resolution of people issues.
- With Project Leads and other Project People Managers providing support on a range of HR issues
- Collaborate with Finance on the management of people costs, payroll and budgets
- Strong Human Resources generalist expertise.
- Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of Ethiopia’s employment laws.
- Experience in managing complaints, the duty of care, and safeguarding incidents.
- Ability to build rapport and trust relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage time and tight schedules, using own initiative, with a creative approach to problem-solving
- Experience in using Human Resources information systems and running a range of reports. Understanding and commitment to data protection.
Salary: ETB 873,323 Pa Inflation allowance ETB 61,356 (Temporary and reevaluated every 6 months). PF 11%
VSO has zero tolerance for abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We will expect all our employees/ volunteers to commit to protecting children, young people, and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now