Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Plan and manage activities to achieve the programme’s objectives are delivered in an effective, compliant and coordinated way, in line with defined procedures and standards.
- Responsible and accountable for the overall day-to day management and coordination of the programme, including budget holder responsibilities, financial planning and management, in accordance with IFRC policies, standards, and practices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal frameworks and agreements to minimize risk of harm to the IFRC and its personnel, properties, and resources as well as with procurement procedures and standards.
- Identify risks and challenges to the ongoing programs/operations, raising them with regional and country-level counterparts.
- Select, mentor, and manage program performance coordinators, including ensuring that they have well-defined results-based priority plans and capacity to provide technical support.
- Prepare and deliver internal and external reports (management reports, and annual updates).
- Assume budget holder responsibility of the relevant budgets and ensure appropriate control on income and expenditures versus plans and guarantee sound planning and financial management in accordance with IFRC policy, standards, and practices.
- Contribute to upholding IFRC policies, procedures, standards and management system within the Delegation and support their improvement and review as necessary.
- Promote a culture of performance and continuous learning to improve the accountability and impact for vulnerable people.
- Represent the IFRC in relevant national and international engagements and meetings as required.
Programme Management and Oversight:
- Coordinate the PMU unit and ensure their roles and responsibilities are clarified and tasks updated and delivered against.
- Support the set-up of technical coordination structures between the IFRC and National Society Lead Applicants for the purpose of alignment, implementation and performance tracking, as well as sharing lessons and best practices.
- Support the Program Performance Coordinators, RCCE Senior Officers, NS Lead applicants and sub-recipient NSs in setting up coordination and reporting platforms with all other NSs implementing the program.
- Work with the IFRC PMER and IM team, to set up monitoring and digital reporting systems based on the program M&E framework, in order to ease data flow and consolidation of indicators.
- Work closely with Finance to define financial management and follow up tools in support to lead applicants.
- Work with the Heads of Delegations of relevant cluster delegations and Risk Manager to define the program risk management framework, support the development and implementation of risk controls and define roles and responsibilities with the regional Senior Management Team.
- Ensures that the AfCDC RCCE programme is implemented in accordance with the Movement-wide commitments and minimum actions for Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA), and relevant policies and guidelines.
Coordination with Africa CDC and Mastercard Foundation
- Represent the IFRC in technical coordination meeting with AfCDC and Mastercard Foundation for the purpose of the SLL program, with the support of other IFRC technical and Programme Management staff.
- Ensure that IFRC staff across the continent, particularly Program Performance Coordinators and RCCE Senior Officers are in close coordination with AfCDC Regional Centres and country focal points.
- Relay programme related information to all concerned IFRC staff across the region in a timely manner.
- Maintain IFRC Steering Group and National Society lead applicants up to date regarding the programme directives and follow their recommendations in regard to the strategic positioning of IFRC vis a vis the SLL program and AfCDC/MCF.
- Ensure that an effective Secretariat organisational structure is in place for effective support of NSs in these countries.
- Manage all staff under his/her authority under the PMU.
- Ensure the application of all established HR policies and procedures, and that staff hired in country are employed in accordance with local laws and practices.
- Implement the Federation Secretariat’s gender and diversity policies.
- Ensure dissemination of the Code of Conduct for staff to everyone under his/her authority.
Finance and Risk Management
• Ensure sound financial management of the Secretariat’s programming in these countries, that effective budget planning is in place, and that programmes operate within approved budgets.
• Ensure the quality and timeliness of the reporting of the Federation secretariat’s programming.
• Maintain regular management reporting to the Regional Director of Africa.
How to apply
kindly submit your motivation letter and CV by clicking to the link below: https://fednet.ifrc.org/en/support/hr/recruitment-process/current-vacancies/
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now