Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Embassy of The United States of America
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 07. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret Clearance
Appointment Type: Temporary
Appointment Type Details: Family Member Appointment (FMA), not to exceed 5 years.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: The candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time after successful receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
This position is in parallel to the Information Management Assistant (IMA) in the IPC. Serves in the ISC and potentially rotates yearly with the IPC IMA.
Under the direct supervision of an Information Systems Officer or Information Program officer depending on a yearly rotation. Incumbent performs the daily and weekly duties and tasks associated with the information management programs for which the Information Systems Center (ISC) or IPC is responsible. These tasks include opening/closing the ISC and/or IPC, processing incoming/outgoing telegrams, responding to customer queries and work requests, operating/maintaining communications equipment and messaging applications, and providing user-level desktop and printer support. Provides assistance to both the Information Program Center and Information Systems Center which the IMO may direct. A Final Top Secret security clearance is required.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year working in the information technology field involving support and basic administration of client accounts, network systems, and federal software and applications is required.
- Two years of full-time post-secondary study (or the equivalent hours spread across a part-time study period) in Information Management, Telecommunications Management, Computer Information Systems, Networking, Data Processing, Computer Sciences, Mathematics or other related computer networking fields is required.
- Or, two years of experience in Information Technology with a non-IT degree (minimum Associate’s degree).
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) of English is required in speaking, reading and writing (This will be tested).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference. of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://ift.tt/Tt9eM35
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead.
How to apply
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now
Leave a Comment