Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
In the framework of the MAPS project, under the supervision of the Project Manager, CIFA is looking for 3 Social Workers (2 Dire Dawa & 1 in Chiro), based on the previous know-how developed by the Organization in other areas in the Country.
Project: The project, entitled “Migration and Access to Protection and Basic Services: integrated interventions on the Eastern migration route (MAPS)” is implemented in urban and rural areas of Harar, Chiro of West Harrage and Dire Dawa Administration. It is intended to support people vulnerable to irregular migration including returnees, potential migrants (including the most vulnerable categories: women, victims of trafficking and unaccompanied children) transiting to or departing from the Middle East. The aim of the project is to carry out joint actions to combat the root causes of irregular migration through promoting employment opportunities, improving basic services and protection of urban communities with an important gender consideration.
Mission: CIFA works to promote the leading role of children and young people all over the world, so that they can become agents of change for a sustainable future from an environmental, economic and social point of view.
Organization: CIFA is an international NGO with over 40 years of commitment in protecting the most vulnerable children and youth. Working in Ethiopia for over 20 years, CIFA supports the access to primary and secondary education, especially for girls; it fights against the worst forms of discrimination and supports women’s economic empowerment. With this approach, CIFA currently works in Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa City Administration, Amhara, Hareri and Oromia Region.
Position: 3 Social Workers (2 in Dire Dawa & 1 in Chiro)
Start Date: September/October 2022
Reporting To: Project Manager
Duration Contract: 12 months renewable with 60 days probation period
– 2 in Dire Dawa with weekly missions to Harar, and with periodic travels to CIFA Head Office in Addis Ababa, Chiro Office & Dessie Office for training and/or coordination meetings.
– 1 in Chiro with periodic missions to CIFA Dire Dawa Office & CIFA Head Office in Addis Ababa and Dessie Office for training and/or coordination meetings.
- Identify and select beneficiaries (returnees, migrants, IDPs, mothers alone, children, disabled people), according to a careful assessment conducted with the Psychologist, the Case Manager and the Local Authorities (psychological, social, health, economic conditions, migration risk, and other criteria will be considered)
- Develop and provide an individualized multidimensional accompaniment to project beneficiaries, applying a participatory approach
- In collaboration with the Psychologist, the Social Worker (SW) assists to a psychosocial support for the targeted vulnerable beneficiaries taken in charge by the project
- Collect, develop, monitor and analyze assessment data on project beneficiaries
- Develop a local services’ mapping, providing hints for improvement
- Liaise with Local Government Stakeholders (Women and Children Affairs, Social Affairs, Health sector, Faith Organizations, etc…) to ensure complementarity to other response plans and a flexible and efficient social service delivery
- Support key staff, such as the Project Manager, Psychologists, Case Manager and project partners and stakeholders in the course of project planning and implementation, case management action plans, project activities and referrals
- Organize and support co-housing activities & facilitate women and young people’s leadership
- In collaboration with the PSS (PsychoSocial Support) team, the SW provides follow-up and assistance on the reintegration & inclusion paths for the project’s beneficiaries, including the evaluation of social endowments to be assigned
- Provide to the beneficiaries information and referrals on existing services depending on their needs
- Support the delivery of awareness raising and training for associations and community groups, beneficiaries, trainers, teachers, local authorities and other key influencers to increase awareness, capacity and support
- Actively works to insure notable integration between the psychosocial and socio-economic actions of the project
- Actively participates to the development of appropriate strategies and tools in addressing the needs of the project beneficiaries
- Make home and field visits to project beneficiaries, in close collaboration with the PSS team
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and annual action plans and progress reports (with the same frequency)
- Ensure activities are under the principles of confidentiality, impartiality and non-judgment, respecting the confidentiality of data, being the property of the project beneficiaries and CIFA. Ensure beneficiaries files/data are properly saved and locked
- Continuously stay abreast with CIFA & donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Undertake duty travels as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & requirements
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Social Sciences, Gender, or related field of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations for 5 years is an asset
- Experience with with vulnerable groups (returnees, migrants, IDPs, mothers alone, children) and victims of trafficking
- Experiences related with Protection, Gender and Psychosocial Support
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word required;
- Good Knowledge of Internet, Email, Google Drive & other, Communication Platforms (skype, Google meet, zoom, etc…)
- Strong knowledge of migration context & migration national legislation
- Be proactive, empathetic and have an understanding of the issues surrounding the beneficiaries
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and networking skills;
- Excellent skills in time management and stress management;
- Good communication skills;
- Good partnership and participative approach
- Data management, documentation Skills
- Quality Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Must be organized, able to be multi-tasked, flexible, and able to work as a team and individual;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Amharic, both written and verbal;
- Oromiffa and Somali is an asset
Salary: Range 15000 – 18000 ETB/month as basic salary depending on academic qualification & working experiences
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through this link https://forms.gle/i8rABEcnfLGsCt9p9 by the 10th of August 2022. Please attach your CV, a cover letter, and your highest degree certificate in PDF. Applications should include the contact details of three professional references. One reference must be the applicant’s immediate supervisor.
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now