Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Location: To be determined, Ethiopia
Please Note: This position is contingent upon award and USAID approval with an anticipated start date of late 2022 or early 2023.
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
Global Communities seeks Market Systems Development (MSD) Specialists for the anticipated USAID Ethiopia Climate Resilient WASH Project (CR-WASH). This five-year $30-40M program will accelerate the expansion and sustainability of climate-resilient water services and the adoption of key hygiene and sanitation practices in targeted pastoralist areas in Somali, Oromia, SNNPR, and Afar. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary intermediate results: 1) Professionalize and expand climate-resilient water services; 2) Increase adoption of key hygiene behaviors, including MHH, and ending open defecation; 3) Improve gender power dynamics; and 4) Strengthen the enabling environment for climate-resilient water and sanitation services.
MSD Specialists, in collaboration with climate resilient private sectors actors, will contribute to:
- Developing a poor-inclusive market for water supply and sanitation products and services
- Ensuring interventions reflect high technical quality and international best practices.
- Collaborate with program stakeholders to conduct assessments across selected sectors/market systems.
- Ensuring strong collaboration with other USAID activities and other implementing partners.
- Supporting the development and review of project work plans and reports.
- Ensuring the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives.
- Contributing to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; project communications; and project reporting
- Representing Global Communities and overall program interests as necessary and appropriate.
- Building and maintaining strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers, and partners. Providing effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns.
- Other duties, as assigned
- At least 8 years of experience in market systems-based programming related to the WASH sector, ideally in Ethiopia.
- Experience working with businesses, chambers of commerce, unions, and sector associations in Ethiopia
- Experience in working with the existing and emerging small medium and large private sector
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and respond to emerging opportunities and overcome barriers
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities within a required timeframe
- Ethiopian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Excellent skills in stakeholder mapping, outreach, engagement, and partnership development in support of program activities
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams
- Experience working on large-scale United States government-funded projects (preferably USAID) strongly preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
How to apply
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now