Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of CO financial team
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Specific Responsibilities Accounting and Cashflow Management
- Ensure monthly accounting closing is done on time and following NRC financial procedures.
- Monitor Cash flows for all Area Offices where funds are channelled from the Country Office and ensure regular follow up.
- Follow up on Income received from donors timely.
Budgeting and Reporting
- Update Master Budget on regular bases to ensure funding needs are up-to-date as well as ensure coverage with the donor funding. Ensure MB is accurate.
- Elaborate budget for new proposals, ensuring donor regulations have been taken into consideration.
- Responsible monthly Budget versus Actual for all projects and prepare forecast of expenditures in coordination with Programme Staff.
- Responsible for Finance Reports to be presented to CMG upon request.
- Ensure shared costs are allocated according to Fair Share principles and contribute to adapt the Head Office/regional office requirements to Country office finances.
Supporting Documentation, Financial Systems and Auditing
- Elaborate, review and update Finance Standard Operating Procedures for NRC Ethiopia anytime there are significant changes.
- Ensure Compliance procedures are being followed by the Finance Staff across all Area Offices.
- Do finance checks and validation of expenditures as per delegation of authority.
Programme Support and Capacity Building
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, through working across programme and support teams and the development of relevant guidance and Standard Operation Procedures
- To support Finance Department in Area Offices if significant workload is expected (Finance reports, proposals, audits, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Coping with change
For more information, here is the detailed Job Description.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Type of Contract: 12 Months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to qualified candidates of Ethiopia Nationality Only!
How to apply
Please Click Here to Apply!
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now