Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
FHI 360 Ethiopia
Under the supervision of HR and Admin Officer, the HR and Administration Assistant is responsible for performing general human resources and administration functions and plays a key role in the overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts preparations, staff leaves/attendance and timesheets tracking. The HR and Administration Assistant will support program’s staffing needs and work closely with HR and Admin Officer and Finance and Admin Manager to comply with Program and Operations requirements.
- Able to run standard reports and create ad-hoc reports for special projects.
- Conducts new employee orientation and may assist with the separation process.
- With support from the HR and Admin Officer, assists with training and development programs as needed.
- Recommends improvement or changes in systems, processes, or procedures to management.
- Supports staff during the preparation of meetings and workshops as needed (stationery, refreshments, lunch etc.)
- Provides administrative support to staff for copying and scanning.
- Ensure that all forms are always available and updated.
- Answering the telephone, taking messages, greeting guests, handling inwards and outgoing mail and faxes, making international phone calls and making sure of recording all the mails & faxes in daily record books as needed
- Ensure that Record of stationery usage for monthly orders (photocopy papers, flipcharts papers, stationery for workshops and for office…etc.)
- Maintain proper filing systems, ensuring documents are easily accessible as needed physically and on SharePoint.
- Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements
- Assist the HR and Admin Officer to follow up with staff to submit their timesheets on a timely manner.
- Assignments vary based on department and/or functional area. May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks.
- Ensure that the Guest House is always clean and arranged for staff visiting from other offices.
- Supervise the cleaners for both the Guest house and Office.
- Coordinate and ensure the local authorities are duly informed when sub-offices are opened or closed.
- Monitor staff leaves records.
- Support the HR and Admin Officer in ensuring the update of the various contracts and administrative leases in the area of operations in cooperation with the logistics and security department.
- Control the updating of individual files of personnel.
- Maintain filing system for all correspondences both internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
- Has the ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice and seeks managerial advice prior to taking action.
- Errors may affect the departmental function and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Works under the direct supervision and follows specific instructions; work is subject to regular review.
- Does not change procedures without the supervisor’s approval.
- BA Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related fields.
- 1-3 years of experience providing HR in an office setting and at least 1 year working in an international NGO, preferably with USG programs
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS /Payroll systems.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) is desirable but not required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Ability to think critically and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must work well individually and as part of a team.
- Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at the computer screens and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is the equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
To see job details and apply click: Apply Now