Human Rights Officer at Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA) | Vacancy Ethiopia
Human Rights Officer at Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA) Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA) -Ethiopia
Human Rights Officer
Human Rights officer is responsible for providing advice, guidance and technical support to work units on all matters related to Human Rights within their responsibility. The post holder will monitor all human rights matters and working practices adopted by the organization to ensure its compliance with relevant legal requirements, best practices and international standards at all times. Human Rights Officer need to understand member’s due diligence requirements, government policies and other international standards for Human Rights and translate these standards into a systems that demonstrate the organizational commitment to mainstream human rights principles into organizational systems, procedures, programs and projects. . The Human Rights Officer will provide training & mentoring service to staffs of CCRDA and member organizations to adopt human rights development approach in all their program interventions.
Duties & Responsibilities of Human Right Officer
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Program Development & Management Core Team, the Human Right officer performs the following duties:
- Provide key support to Human Rights to design and implement the Human Rights strengthening component.
- Ensure regular communication and engagement with CCRDA members to share Human Rights Related experiences and concerns
- Support HR, CCRDA project teams and members by providing expertise and knowledge on national and international human rights principles, human rights-based approach and practice
- Contribute to project performance reports and ensure the reports reflect human right values and practices.
- Provide required assistance in drafting human rights advocacy materials and project related documents.
- Engage to plan and organize different events related to project at federal, provincial and local level.
- Ensure that CCRDA’s trainings, workshops, seminars, etc. are reoriented to right-based development approaches in, peace building, conflict resolution, democracy, good governance, nation building, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor plans for Human Rights issues that could arise from all projects. Update Human right policy of the organization bases on new issues and developments at international Standards.
- Develop standards for & coordinate group wide training for staff and members on Human Right related matters.
- Assist unit leaders to integrate Human Rights in internal workings of CCRDA to meet the strategic objectives.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with government & non-government institutions, community, human rights organizations, and other CSOs to promote sustained and balanced support for programs/projects.
- Collects and analyses human rights data and indicators in CCRDA & member organizations and report findings.
- Develop standards for human rights related incident reporting systems; ensure the quality of incident investigations and effective preventive controls.
& conduct internal audits to monitor and improve implementation of the Human Rights.
- Have the capacity and courage to identify and report human right violations; observing trials & elections; working with other civil society & government human right organizations as well.
- Assist HR in contract management and ensure Human Rights related matters are an integral part of all contracts.
- Representing CCRDA at relevant Human rights related meetings & preparing reports and briefings.
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
Education: Master’s degree in Law, Human Rights, Political Science, International Affairs, international relations, Sociology , or related field
Work Experience : A minimum of five years in human rights, law or related area is required.
Experience with national or international human rights mechanisms is an advantage.
- Knowledge of international Human Right stranded
- Gender equality
- Social and humanitarian accountability
- Social norms and values
- General sector awareness
Skills and experience Required
- At least 5 years experience in human rights work in similar organizations
- Understanding of human rights international standards and national laws and understanding of human rights issues and concerns in Ethiopia.
- Knowledge on human rights practice and situation in Ethiopia.
- Knowledge on human rights protection mechanisms and role of National Human Rights Commission in Ethiopia.
- Communication skills and proficiency in speaking and writing.
- Understanding of effective approaches to addressing sensitive and complex human rights issues.
- Understanding on project management cycles and Human Rights requirements at each stage.
- Computer proficiency and technological awareness
Position Location: Addis Ababa
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit non-returnable copy of their application letter and relevant documents to the Human Resource Department 3rd floor room number 307 within 10 days after the date of vacancy announcement or send by firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA), Akaki Kality Sub City, Tel 0114390322, P.O. Box 5674, Debreziet road, adjacent to the Kality Ring Road round about, in front of Drivers and Mechanics Training Center.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Female Applicants are Highly Encouraged to Apply.
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now