Office Assistant Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
FHI 360 Ethiopia
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
Provides various office services support for the assigned unit(s)/division in a country office. Performs basic processes and procedures to accomplish tasks and receives close supervision.
- Assist in maintaining records and files with the finance team
- As per the guidance of the finance unit, ensures all financial documents are properly signed, stamped, and documented
- Assist Finance unit with banking related tasks, for country office as well as for regional staff, as needed
- Ensures financial documents are signed by all relevant staff, in a timely manner
- Perform photocopy, scanning and filing of financial and other documentation
- Assist finance department, primarily, and all other departments by providing various support
- Photocopying and binding various documents for the country office
- Collaborates with program team in assist with organizing meetings and events
- Taking and delivering messages to bank
- Taking documents for VAT reimbursement request to ERCA
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Answer inquiries and follow up on requests in an efficient manner
- Assist with organizing meetings, special events etc.
- Provide support in making copies and scanning of documents
- Organize and maintain records and files
- Carryout binding of documents
Problem Solving & Impact:
Identifies and recognizes problems that have established procedures and limited impact.
Refers non-standard questions and problems to higher level.
Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would result only minor disruption or expense to correct.
Close supervision involving detailed instructions and frequent monitoring of work performance.
Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
High School/GED Diploma or International Equivalent.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures
- Working knowledge in using personal computer/laptop, Microsoft Applications
- Coordinate work assignments with general supervision
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information
- Written, verbal and organizational skills
- Able to operate photocopy, binding machines etc.
- Customer service oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities, Ability to mange stressful and demanding workload
- Proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint and Excel
Typical Physical Demands:
Typical office environment.
Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now