Procurement Specialist at World Bank Group | Vacancy Ethiopia
Procurement Specialist at World Bank Group Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
WORLD BANK GROUP (WBG)
World Bank Group Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
Position: Procurement Specialist
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: September, 01/2022
Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
Eastern and Southern Africa (AFE) Region
We need the best and brightest talent focused on our region in order to harness the potential and innovation happening across the continent. Home to about 700 million of Africa’s people, Eastern and Southern Africa is a geographically, culturally and economically diverse region of 26 countries stretching from the Red Sea in the North to the Cape of Good Hope in the South. The subregion harbors some of Africa’s protracted conflicts, rendering many of its countries fragile, while significant gaps in education, health, and skills development continue to keep people from reaching their full potential. This creates a huge development challenge, impacts heavily on the lives and livelihoods of people, and hinders regional integration and trade! But it also creates an opportunity to work closely with country leaders, civil society, development partners, and young people to chart a brighter course for the future.
More information about Eastern and Southern Africa (AFE) Region: https://ift.tt/1jmq643
The Governance Global Practice (GGP) comprises a variety of different professional disciplines working on public institutions, including procurement, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and financial management.
GGP’s Procurement Department convenes a leading group of practitioners focused on advancing cutting-edge practices and innovations in the fields of procurement, anti-corruption and open government. To enhance its capacity, the Department seeks to recruit/appoint a highly organized, energized and experienced professional, capable of operating effectively.
The Africa East and Southern (AFE) unit of the GGP-Procurement Department is largely decentralized and based in 25+ country offices. The procurement team members supporting the country programs in Ethiopia, South Sudan, Sudan and Eritrea are part of the Country Management Unit based in Addis Ababa. The Procurement team in AFE is managed by an Accredited Practice Manager (PM) who is based at Nairobi. AFE GGP Procurement Department seeks to recruit a locally hired Procurement Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to provide support for the Ethiopia portfolio. The Procurement Specialist will be working under the oversight and guidance of the Procurement Hub Coordinator based in Addis Ababa who reports to the AFE Accredited Practice Manager based in Nairobi.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical fiduciary advice on procurement activities and engages in policy dialogue to strengthen procurement systems in client countries.
- Supports clients in achieving Value for Money (VFM) in public procurement in order to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity.
- Understand relevant procurement markets using analytical tools and approaches to define more effective procurement strategies.
- Participates in missions and plays a key role in developing practical approaches to procurement while simultaneously dealing with difficult policy and operational issues.
- Prepares and/or comments on draft operational directives and policy papers; produces major/complex reports.
- Develops and executes training modules on complex sector-related procurement topics.
The work implies frequent interaction with the following stakeholders:
Management in the duty station and on some occasions in Headquarters (HQ) or other countries.Government officials and equivalent contacts in other international organizations, partner entities, etc. Procurement specialists within the World Bank and government units.Counterparts in the Bank across Vice Presidential Units (VPUs), Global Practices and other units involved in meeting the Bank’s business objectives.Other external constituencies and expert groups.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. business administration, engineering, commerce, law, procurement, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in carrying out technical duties in public procurement or Donor/MDB financed project procurement Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices governing international procurement, with the ability to translate concepts into operational work, such as VFM, sustainable procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis, contract management, etc…
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.High levels of integrity.
- Excellent command of English.
- Knowledge of institutions and procurement reforms in Borrower’s countries.Good knowledge of concepts, principles and approaches to international procurement and public procurement systems.
- Knowledge of Fragile and Conflict-affected Situations (FCS) Context – Applies to operations and analytical tasks a substantive understanding of fragility, conflict and violence, etc.
- FCS Behavioral Skills – Demonstrates the mindset needed for success in FCS settings: adaptability, resilience, determination, sound judgment, etc.
- FCS Operational Skills – Coordinates a pragmatic approach to FCS operations. Looks for ways to help the client achieve early results while maintaining a strategic approach and identifies practical ways to implement longer-term/reform measures.
- FCS Policies, Tools and Instruments – Is aware of the range of FCS related policies, tools and instruments, political economy analysis, etc.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now