Research Analyst – Ethiopia Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm specialized in complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
We currently have offices in the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. The team brings together more than 70 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000+ enumerators across all countries. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization, and we welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our team. Learn more: www.laterite.com
We work in socio-economic development research projects. We believe that impact is a long-term endeavour that requires being embedded in the local context. Delivering high-quality research requires building local teams and data collection systems, knowing the country, and establishing close working relationships.
One of Laterite’s key strategic goals is to create a collaborative and rewarding working environment for our staff, where every team member feels engaged, represented, and heard. Laterite is committed to create opportunities for learning and career development within the team and across our offices.
Laterite is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
We are looking for a new Research Analyst to join our team in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Our new colleague will:
- Work on research projects – supporting the design of research instruments and research designs, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, drafting sections of reports, and keeping clients updated on progress.
- Contribute to quality assurance tasks – working closely with the field teams to monitor and clean incoming survey data.
- Contribute to analysis and reporting – together with other research team members working on a project
As part of our Research Team, you will be able to develop skills and experience in:
- Technical research design, including sampling and impact evaluation methodologies.
- Project management and client communication.
- Data analysis, statistical techniques and coding.
- Report writing: drawing insights from data and presenting them in a client-ready, consultancy quality format.
- We are looking for a recent graduate with an understanding of data analysis and motivation to work in social and economic research with a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa.
- A completed Master’s degree in Economics, Public Health, Development or related fields
- One year of professional experience with similar tasks
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and proficiency in Stata
- Experience working with ODK-based platforms (e.g., SurveyCTO)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
In addition, we welcome:
- Previous work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to work in a collaborative environment.
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now
Leave a Comment