Store Keeper Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) -Ethiopia
Position: Store Keeper
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: September, 08/2022
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations is the specialized agency of the United Nations for food, nutrition, agriculture, and forestry. FAO’s global vision is for a world free from hunger and malnutrition where food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all, especially the poorest, in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active and healthy lives.
The mission of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is to work to eradicate hunger and promote global food security together with balanced and complete nutrition. Our mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
Our three main goals are: the eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition; the elimination of poverty and the driving forward of economic and social progress for all; and, the sustainable management and utilization of natural resources, including land, water, air, climate and genetic resources for the benefit of present and future generations.
FAO Representation to Ethiopia (FRETH) has various sub-offices across the country and is implementing a number of projects, often in the most inaccessible areas. The FAOR Ethiopia office is co-located with the Sub-regional Office for Eastern Africa (SFE) in Addis Ababa and together account for more than 150 personnel. The Administrative Support Services (ASS) unit provides support to both FAO offices and the HR sub-unit is responsible for the provision of client-oriented HR services, consistent with FAO policies and procedures in an effective and efficient manner.
The position is under the general guidance of FAO Representative to Ethiopia, the overall supervision of the Senior Administrative Officer, and the direct supervision of the Finance & Administrative Officer.
The provision of inventory and asset management-related support services.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Effectively receive and dispatch all incoming commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against officially approved documents (Waybills and or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count including the quality to the established standards and distributing documentation to relevant units.
- Tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received and report any problem with the quality to relevant units.
- Handover the goods/ assets purchased to the respective originators against properly approved documents.
- Implement proper storage/shelving of goods and materials; takes charge of the store(s) and keeping of its key; prepare equipment handover and property transfer forms for procurement (local and foreign) made for projects/FAOR/SFE and for fixed assets to be donated.
- Monitor the condition of the store and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient store space planning and well-organized commodity storage.
- Assist in running inventory reports from COIN against physical count and “per custodian inventory statements” in a way requested by auditors and as per the FAO fixed assets policy;
- Maintain proper safety measures for the safety of the store building, materials in the store and the people working in the store.
- Ensure quarterly fumigation of Stores to prevent pests from destroying store items
- Assistant in the supervision of the preparation and loading/unloading of products and equipment
- Keep all sensitive/confidential items and properties of the organization, when required.
- Prepare, verify and sign off store-related and transport-related documents such as goods receipt note for recording the receipt of all goods purchased, and issue/dispatch of commodities from the store.
- Assist in reconciling the results from the periodic physical inventory counts conducted with the stock balance indicated in the Inventory database
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Candidate should be a national of Ethiopia
- Secondary school education
- Four years of progressively responsible work experience in administrative, accounting, inventory and store management experience.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Working knowledge (level C) of English and working knowledge of the local language is required.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent of experience in stores, inventory and asset management and experience with the UN and international organization is desirable.
- Knowledge of FAO/UN operational guidelines and administrative/procurement/inventory procedures will be an added advantage.
- Ability to operate MS Office applications.
- Demonstrates confidentiality, integrity and high ethical standards.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English (written and spoken).
- Client orientation and ability to use tact and courtesy in communication with a wide range of individuals.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: https://ift.tt/5LQN49X
- The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Duration: Six months
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
How to apply
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO using the below apply button and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, and military and police records to ascertain any and all information that may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now