ICT UNIT – Internship Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Position: ICT UNIT – Internship
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Internship
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: August, 31/2022
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an intern in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Unit.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa www.ilri.org
About the position:
The intern will assist in ICT support activities including assignment of tickets to the respective technicians and handling of the various service desk tasks. They will also get oriented in the various units of ICT and the tasks handled therein.
- Manning the ICT service desk and assignment of tickets.
- Provision of basic support to users of ICT Services.
- Performing basic diagnostic routines.
- Assist with setting up of physical & virtual meetings.
- Cleanup of records in various ICT systems.
- Testing of new software and technical tools.
- Installing new software and hardware on endpoints.
- Delivering hardware and resources to staff as required.
- Any other duties that may be allocated by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate should be enrolled in an undergraduate university degree program pursuing a bachelor’s in either Computers Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, BBIT, BMIT, MIS or related fields. Be enrolled in an undergraduate university degree program
Location: ILRI, Addis Ababa – Ethiopia.
Duration: 3 months.
Terms of appointment:
- A monthly stipend to meet accommodation, transport and day-to-day living expenses.
- Medical insurance.
How to apply
All applications MUST include the following (applications not containing these documents will not be considered):
- A cover letter addressed to the Head of Capacity Development, expressing interest in the internship position and the motivation. The position title and reference number (REF: INT/ILRI/ICT_ADD/01/2022) should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
- Academic qualification transcripts/ certificates.
- University internship letter.
Applications must be submitted by clicking on the tab “APPLY” on or before 31 August 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now