Project Manager Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) seeks to recruit a Project Manager who will be a member of CIMMYT Ethiopia office in Addis Ababa located at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), Addis Ababa campus.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is an autonomous, non-profit making, international scientific organization operating under the aegis of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). More specifically its mission is to encourage, support and undertake activities to improve the productivity, profitability, and sustainability of maize and wheat systems in the interest of the resource poor in developing countries.
The purpose of the Project Manager position is to assist in overseeing management of projects that are operational in several countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America
Main duties & responsibilities:
Depending on the size and complexity of the projects the Project Manager may be responsible for large as well as smaller projects.
- Work with the Project Leaders on the development of the project work plan and monitoring of activities
- Contribute to the development of a procurement plan and closely monitor and manage the procurement activities for the project
- Liaise with the Regional Program Manager in budgeting, assessing alignment and establishing timelines for the project work plans
- Ensure the communication outputs align with the program communication strategy and project communication plan.
- Assist in the annual and semiannual planning of activities, track progress and report to project leaders
- Review monthly expenditures by conducting budget analytics and building alternate scenarios; review all transactions for accuracy, identify issues and apply corrective action.
- Review and assign budget codes for expenditures as needed.
- Administer and realign the budget according to CIMMYT’s policies and establish a significant working relationship with HQ in support of this activity.
- Draft and facilitate sub-agreements with partners.
- Ensure timely submission of financial and technical reports from partners/sub-grantees.
- Ensure disbursement of payments as required.
- Manage contracts and consultancies.
- Lead the compilation of content for the annual and semi-annual reports and liaise with communication team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Program Management or related field
- Project Management certification – desirable
- Broad / specialized knowledge of methods, techniques and processes
- Seven years’ project management experience
- Experience in development and implementation of project management systems and tools
- Excellent people management skills in a multicultural setting
- Experience in managing stakeholder relationships
- Excellent managerial and multitasking skills,
- Problem solving skills
- Technical reporting skills
- Track record of showing initiative and driving decision making at project level
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Position level: HG 15
Minimum Base salary: Birr 54,044 per month (negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a National Staff (NS) position, initial appointment is for two years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: PM/C/23/22 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com on or before 31 August 2022.
CIMMYT/ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
To find more about CIMMYT, visit our Website at www.cimmyt.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now