83417858 Consultant to support ACERWC stakeholder engagement efforts and implementation of Agenda 2040
83417858 Consultant to support ACERWC stakeholder engagement efforts and implementation of Agenda 2040 Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Consultant to support ACERWC stakeholder engagement efforts and implementation of Agenda 2040
Invitation to Bid
Reference No: 83417858
The African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACERWC) is an African Union (AU) Organ mandated to promote and protect the rights enshrined in the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (the Charter). The ACERWC monitors States’ implementation of the Charter by examining State reports, considering individual communications, and undertaking investigations. Moreover, pursuant of article 42 (iii) of the Charter, ACERWC is mandated “to cooperate with other African, international and regional Institutions and organizations concerned with the promotion and protection of the rights and welfare of the child”. Accordingly, ACERWC collaborates with various organizations including civil society organizations, National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) and Members of the African Governance Architecture (AGA) Platform, as well as the African Peace and Security Architecture structures. ACERWC has over the years institutionalized these collaborations through various frameworks, including the adoption of the Guidelines for Granting Affiliate/Associate Status to NHRIs before ACERWC, as well as endorsement of the African Child Policy Forum Collaboration Framework between ACERWC and Regional Economic Communities (RECs).
To further guide its work, in 2016, the ACERWC developed a 25-year Africa’s Agenda for Children, “Agenda 2040: Fostering an Africa Fit for Children”. The main objective of the Agenda is to restore the dignity of the African child through assessing the achievements and challenges faced towards the effective implementation of the Charter. The Agenda elaborates on the vision of the AU Agenda 2063, specifically Paragraph 53, which aspires for ‘African children to be empowered through the full implementation of the Charter’, by proffering long-term strategies, goals, and priority areas towards sustaining and protecting children’s rights in Africa.
Aligned with the current cooperation between the ACERWC and the GIZ implemented Programme, “Strengthening Good Governance and Human Rights in Africa – AGA”, services of a consultant are sought to support ACERWC stakeholder engagement efforts and implementation of Agenda 2040. The overall objective of the services is to enhance the capacity of the ACERWC Secretariat to effectively enhance cooperation with key stakeholders such as RECs, NHRIs and supporting the implementation and monitoring the status of Agenda 2040.
Tasks to be performed by the contractor
The Consultant is expected to deliver on tasks as highlighted below:
· Support the convening of the ACERWC 40th and 41st Ordinary Sessions, including drafting of the Program of work, presentations and reporting of the various sessions;
· Provide support towards the development of the Second phase 5-year Action plan (2021-2025) for Agenda 2040, including engagement with key stakeholders of the ACERWC;
· Within the context of the existing cooperation framework, conceptualize initiatives between ACERWC and RECs aimed at advancing the promotion and protection of children’s rights in AU Member States;
· Through the existing cooperation between ACERWC and the Network for African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI), conceptualize initiatives aimed at enhancing the cooperation between the Committee and NHRIs for enhanced States compliance to the Charter;
· Develop a Dissemination and Popularization Strategy of recently published documents of the ACERWC to spread knowledge and the associated evidence-based child-right interventions.
· Education/training (2.1.1): A master’s degree or equivalent in Law, Human Rights, Project Management, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Economics or other related fields;
· Language (2.1.2): Fluent in English. Knowledge of any other AU working language is an advantage.
· General professional experience (2.1.3): 8 years’ experience in project management, research, stakeholder engagement and/or policy development or related expertise;
· Specific professional experience (2.1.4): Demonstrable experience on child protection issues in Africa and excellent knowledge of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child and the work of ACERWC related to Agenda 2040; and
· Regional experience (2.1.6): Work experience in the AU, UN, and/or other international organizations is desirable.
Number of workdays: 42 days
Flexible Workdays (the tasks are to be completed within 6 months)
Period of assignment: From 1 November 2022 until 30 April 2023
How to apply
Please request all tender documents via email from AU_Bidderquestions@giz.de by mentioning “83417858 ACERWC stakeholder engagement” on your subject email.
Tender documents include:
· GIZ invitation letter,
· Bidding conditions,
· General Terms and Conditions of Contract (AVB local),
· Terms of reference (ToR) with description of tasks,
· Evaluation grid for technical evaluation of the offers,
· Price sheet for submission of financial offer,
· Eligibility self-declaration,
· Specimen association clause
· Extract from act against restraints on competition.
. Dissemination Strategy – Annex of the ToR
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now