Accounts and Administrative Associate – Internal/External at International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Accounts and Administrative Associate
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF)
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) seeks to recruit Accounts and Administrative Associate positionwho will provide timely and prompt accounting and administrative support to staff in Ethiopia in processing advances and liquidating the same ensuring the policies are followed, ensuring timely registration of invoices for payment in line with CIFOR ICRAF policies, ensuring that payments processed via petty cash are also in line as per approved policies. Overall, ensure that all accounts being used in Ethiopia are reconciled timely and settled as at end of each period. at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Office.
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
- Assist in preparation of donor’s financial report in line with donor requirements & templates; share for review/authorization and follow-up timely submission;
- Perform timely work and travel advance settlement for CIFOR-ICRAF staff and partners;
- Review and process project advance liquidation or expense recording after receipt of the original invoices and relevant documents by verifying supporting documents presented are appropriate, enough, and in line with the policy;
- Process advance liquidations or expense recordings within predetermined days after the receipt of the original invoices and relevant documents by verifying the supporting documents presented are appropriate, sufficient, and in line with ILRI’s / CIFOR-ICRAF’s travel policy;
- Registration of incoming invoices (Accounts Payable and advance) in OCS as per the guidelines;
- Process payments within a predetermined time after verifying the requests received do have sufficient/appropriate supporting evidence and are mathematically correct, compliance to policy and procedures and proper authorization;
- Check travel authorizations submitted are correct, approved and comply with ILRI / CIFOR-ICRAF travel policy requirements;
- Perform proper and explanatory filing system for petty cash, journal vouchers, and check transaction vouchers of the country office;
- Handle petty cash for the CIFOR-ICRAF country office;
- Process petty cash replenishment request;
- Arrange travel and logistics for staff, visitors from ICRAF HQ as well as stakeholders;
- Liaise with Ethiopia ILRI Protocol Office for visa processing for ICRAF staff and partners;
- Assist in organizing workshops/meetings and coordinates with the service providers as well as ongoing activities like contact and relations with collaborators, file management and correspondences;
- Perform other duties assigned by the Finance Officer III and Program Management Officer.
- BA degree in Accounting and Finance Or
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Knowledge in relevant field and relevant technical training
- BA degree with a minimum of two years of professional experience in accounting Or
- Diploma in relevant field with five years of relevant experience preferably in a non-profit environment
- Proficiency in MS office, accounting software – UNIT4 Business World (Agresso)would be an added advantage
- Attention to detail and accuracy in verification of documents
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and take appropriate action
- Strong team player with ability to work in virtual teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals in a multicultural team
- Good understanding of financial management, reporting and accounting and related controls.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Grade: HG 12
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 26,649 (Negotiable depending on the salary history of thecandidate).
Terms of appointment: This is a National Staff (NS) position, initial appointment is fixed term for one year with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus in Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number:AA/CIFOR-ICRAF/27/22 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal:http://ilri.simplicant.com by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 15 September 2022.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org, https://ift.tt/bgSx7TH, https://ift.tt/1Ek9cYC
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
from EthioJobsLive https://ift.tt/TBxfHAs