With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
World Vision Ethiopia seeks a Chief of Party (CoP) for the proposed USAID funded Highland Resiliency Activity in Ethiopia. The Highland Resilience Activity will support the graduation of Productive Safety Net Program (PSNP) clients by linking them with new on-farm, off-farm, and employment opportunities. The Activity will have a strong focus on improving access to finance for vulnerable highlands households and will be integrated into USAID’s Resilience Food Security Activities (RFSAs) in five regions of Ethiopia. This activity is expected to be a 5-year program in the $50-100M range.
As the Chief of Party (CoP), you will be responsible for the overall management and representation of the activity. You will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. For management, you must have proven leadership skills managing projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries and must have prior experience effectively managing USAID development activities.
You will also provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to Child wellbeing outcomes.
- A master’s degree in development studies, international relations, agriculture, nutrition, public health, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects is required.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, preferably Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (BRFS) and Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA).
- Experience working/living in countries in Eastern Africa. Familiarity with the context of Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff, as well as experience managing programmatic and financial reporting.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Amharic will be an added advantage.
- Work environment: Office-based with regular travel to project sites.
- Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25 % of the time.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online by the closing date of 23 SEPT 2022.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
from EthioJobsLive https://ift.tt/oy70YsV