Program Manager – Livestock Information System at Development Gateway
The Organization You Want to Work For
Development Gateway (DG) is an international nonprofit organization that creates innovative information management and data visualization technology, implements data-focused programs, and conducts research and evaluation to further sustainable development: developmentgateway.org
Our core focus areas are Resource Management (open contracting and procurement, aid management, and extractives); Effective Service Delivery (agriculture, health, data management systems, monitoring/evaluation/learning); and Data Strategy & Policy (including results data, data standards, and open data advocacy).
We are a creative and dynamic group of people based around the globe. We value hard work, innovative thinking, a commitment to teamwork, humility, and a good sense of humor. This position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Elevator Pitch
The Program Manager is responsible for managing client relationships and overseeing progress on a four-year, $5 million project. The project includes (i) establishing data governance guidelines and protocols within the Livestock Directorates of the Ministry of Agriculture, (ii) implementation of a data interoperability framework and software platform (Livestock Information System), (iii) implementations of data management, visualization, and dissemination tools, and (iv) evaluating and strengthening how individuals and directorates use data in their decision making.
In this role, you will be embedded in the Ministry of Agriculture to support the implementation of the Ministry’s “Livestock Information System Roadmap for Ethiopia.” You will manage a large and diverse team, build relationships with partners, coordinate complex processes to design and implement data governance protocols and guidelines, think strategically about long-term sustainability, support product design and innovation, and use an understanding of process and incentives to support data use. A wide degree of creativity, latitude, and responsibility is expected, along with domestic travel up to 10% (as public health guidance allows).
The Work You Get To Do
- Lead the design and implementation of the aLIVE program, ensuring that activities are coordinated among the various groups involved.
- Manage project teams providing technical expertise and digital tools to make using data easier for governments and international organizations.
- Coordinate change management processes with the Ministry of Agriculture, including the design and implementation of data governance standards, guidance, and protocols; and data sharing agreements.
- Liaise with Ministry leadership, including the program’s Governing Committee and Technical Implementation Committee.
- Work with DC-based administrative team to oversee budgets and reporting, as well as other administrative requirements, to deliver a successful project.
- Lead collaborative design and decision-making processes within project teams and with partners.
- Work closely with clients to understand data use challenges and document business requirements that will feed into the development of a technical tool.
- Make decisions on process improvements and strategic adjustments, to ensure project success.
- Proactively identify and address potential blockers and slowdowns, to keep projects on track.
- Provide oversight of team outputs, from both a strategic and quality perspective.
The Qualities You Have and We Need
- Advanced (Master’s) degree is required but may be substituted with a combination of 10 years of relevant experience and BA degree, in a field relevant to the position.
- 10+ years experience in project management, technology development or another relevant field.
- Experience engaging with the Government of Ethiopia and other high-level stakeholders (for example, donors or leadership at partner organizations) and successfully managing client relationships
- Experience working on projects with digital/software component
- Experience with budget management and basic financial processes.
- Experience managing multi-stakeholder processes.
- History of working with diverse, remote team members in a global environment.
- Experience using data; supporting people and institutions to make better use of data; and/or developing effective processes to remove decision-making bottlenecks and promote impact.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and skills. Able to work independently, manage multiple workstreams, build relationships, and proactively solve problems.
- Fluent in English and Amharic. Strong writing skills, prioritizing clarity and accessibility, in English.
- Ability to legally live and work in Ethiopia, without the need for visa sponsorship.
Nice-to-have extras, but not required — please apply even without them:
- Prior experience in the livestock sector
- Experience with product development and/or working with software development
- Experience working with quantitative data using spreadsheets, databases, or statistical software
- Experience using project management tools for work planning, task management, and communication
To apply, please visit https://development-gateway.breezy.hr/ .
Candidates will be contracted on a consultancy basis, which does not include benefits but offers competitive pay. The estimated range for this role is between US$295-$325 per day. With the right candidate, the consultancy will last for 4 years, the length of the project.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and lived experience. We strongly encourage applications from people whose identities have historically been excluded in the sectors where DG works. DG does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
To apply, please visit https://development-gateway.breezy.hr/.
from EthioJobsLive https://ift.tt/4L8AcZB