Humanitarian Aid Coordinator – Addis Ababa at Ayuda en Acción
Ayuda en Acción (AeA), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been implementing relief and development interventions in Ethiopia since 2018 thanks to its own funding as well as support of bilateral and multilateral donors. The country programme focuses on several integrated areas: Food Security and Livelihoods, Climate Change Mitigation, Education, and Humanitarian Action responding to various man-made and natural disasters. AeA in Ethiopia is now seeking a qualified candidate that will drive a capacity building and the development of the AeA Humanitarian Department in line with the new country strategy.
The Humanitarian Coordinator (HC) will be in charge of the overall management, supervision and development of the AeA humanitarian programme in Ethiopia ensuring the highest level of technical quality at each stage of the programme cycle and in line with international and national humanitarian standards. The HC will work closely with the Programme Director, Country Director and HQ in the provision of technical support in existing interventions and in the design of AeA emergency operations in Ethiopia ensuring that humanitarian response is implemented through an appropriate analysis of humanitarian needs and priorities within the country and in accordance with strategic priorities of relevant donors.
- Support Programme Director and Country Director in the development of AeA’s country strategy on humanitarian response;
- Monitor the humanitarian situation in Ethiopia with the focus on AeA’s priority regions and provide timely update to the Programme Director and Country Director;
- Prepare countrywide and area-specific emergency response plans;
- Identify, analyze and report on the strategies of key stakeholders present in the country;
- Lead the design and implementation of project identification studies (needs, vulnerability, feasibility, risks, etc.) when required;
- Lead the formulation of humanitarian interventions as per guidance of the Programme Director and Country Director;
- Coordinate project implementation and provide technical support to AeA implementing team and partners;
- Collaborate with the AeA Support Department on logistical and financial requirements for humanitarian interventions, assuring proper application of donors’ and AeA’s guidelines;
- Prepare and shares regular updates on humanitarian interventions;
- Coordinates projects’ reviews and the development of accurate interim and final reports on humanitarian interventions;
- Coordinate with AeA Human Resources Coordinator on the identification of training needs of the AeA staff.
Relationships with key stakeholders
- Represent AeA in clusters and other coordination fora, ensuring AeA is positioned as an organization with high level of technical expertise and relevant inputs in addressing humanitarian needs;
- Support coordination with local governments, donors, UN agencies, national and international NGOs, beneficiary group representatives, consultants, etc. related to AeA’s Humanitarian Programme;
- Guided by the Country Director and Head of Programme, coordinate with Alliance2015 partners in Ethiopia on common humanitarian strategy and interventions.
- Coordinate with AeA Senior Management Team (SMT) and Area Programme Managers on systematic monitoring and analysis of the security situation in implementation areas.
- Report risks and incidents to his/her direct supervisor in a timely manner;
- Lead risk assessments and propose mitigation measures to SMT and Area Programme Managers relevant for humanitarian interventions.
Experience and technical competencies
- Master or bachelor’s degree in International Development, Humanitarian Action, Social Sciences, or other relevant fields;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in international cooperation with at least three-year experience in emergency/ humanitarian programme implementation;
- Specific technical expertise, such as with cash programming, WASH, gender in emergencies, protection, etc. is a significant advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in project design and project management funded by bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g. DG ECHO, USAID/BHA, Spanish Cooperation, UN Agencies, DFID, COSUDE, GAC, etc);
- Demonstrated knowledge of humanitarian standards (Sphere and CHS, among others);
- Respect of humanitarian principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence;
- Work experience in Ethiopia will be a plus.
- Strong analytical and writing skills in English with the ability to produce well-written documents;
- Strong planning, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, ability to determine priorities, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and gender equality;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including working with different groups, partners, and nationalities;
- Ability to work autonomously when required;
- Proactive and positive attitude;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Common sense, tact and diplomacy;
- High sensitivity to security issues.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Spoken and written Spanish is a plus but not a requirement.
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with frequent travel to field locations in Ethiopia (up to 75 %)
- Reports to: Country Programme Director
- Technical Supervision: Humanitarian Unit (Ayuda en Accion HQ, Spain)
- Start of Contract & Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
- Career Category: Mid-level Programme/Project Management
How to apply
You can register at the following link:
from EthioJobsLive https://ift.tt/0rhgVQT