Program Management Officer
International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) seeks to recruit a Program Management Officer (ICARDA: Research Team Administrator) to co-ordinate and provide secretarial and administrative support to Ethiopia Country office, under the supervision and guidance of the Country Coordinator and the Research Team Leader.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization its Headquarter based in Beirut, Lebanon supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ICARDA is committed to the improvement of livelihoods of the resource-poor in dry areas by enhancing food security and alleviating poverty through agricultural research, and the equitable use of natural resources. For more details: www.icarda.org
Key Duties Responsibilities:
- In consultation with Country Coordinator and Research Team Leader, oversees office administrative functions and directly supervises a number of office support staff including performance management and work planning;
- Participates in office management and staff meetings, serving as Secretary and ensuring follow-up on action items;
- Provides leadership and management of all aspects of the administrative unit and ensures that office systems run efficiently and in a coordinated manner;
- Reviews administrative functions, structures and procedure and makes recommendations for changes, and oversees their implementation;
- Supports the Ethiopia Country team in recruitment and engagement of consultants;
- Coordinates the administrative and logistics aspects of visitors, events, meetings, workshops, travel, as required;
- Develops efficient filing systems and databases for print and electronic files/documents;
- Coordinates purchase/ requisition and distribution of office furniture, equipment, stationery, and other office supplies;
- Manages office equipment such as the printer/copier and coordinating maintenance of offices, office furniture and standard equipment such as computers, printers, phones;
- Assists Country Coordinator and Ethiopia Country Team in the preparation of budgets, including budgets for overall office operations and individual projects/programs;
- Works closely with Grant Management Unit, Country Coordinator and Ethiopia Country Team to ensure appropriate partner agreements are drafted, MoU with partners signed and follow-up the financial and technical reports are submitted within the timeline and in conformity of the agreement;
- Works closely with ICARDA and ILRI Finance to ensure correct budget codes are communicated and used for charges, and that financial reports conform to ICARDA and donor/investor guidelines/formats;
- Serve as the interface between team members, third parties and ICARDA HQ as needed. Coordinate with Corporate Services Units;
- Support the Team Leader and Team Members on activities linked to MEL and Communications, including the website.
- BA degree in Business Administration, Program Management or related field.
- Relevant professional certification
- Broad / specialized knowledge of methods, techniques and processes
- Professional training / certification in project management an advantage;
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and an ERP;
- Knowledge of Agresso would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of administrative/financial management of donor funded projects/programs;
- Experienced in developing and managing work plans, results-based budgets and monitoring and reporting progress and reviewing proposals;
- Fluency in oral and written English and Amharic;
- Experience in coordinating programmes with numerous partners;
- Team player with good communication and coordination skills;
- Demonstrated experience of working on confidential matters, ensuring that discretion is exercised when dealing with sensitive information and enquiries, and to ensure that appropriate confidentiality is maintained at all times;
- Professional, confident, courteous and helpful manner;
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
- Seven years of relevant experience in program management working in international research/development or similar organizations
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Grade: HG 15
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 54,044 (Negotiable depending on salary history of thecandidate).
Terms of appointment: This is a National Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus in Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number:PMO/ICARDA/28/22 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal:http://ilri.simplicant.com by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 16 September 2022.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
To find more about ICARDA, visit our Website at www.icarda.org.
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
from EthioJobsLive https://ift.tt/NS8wGX0