Chief of Party -Ethiopia PHC Programme Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
The Project aims to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes by strengthening Primary Health Care (PHC) in pastoral areas of Ethiopia.
- Provides strategic direction for all project activities, develops and updates the project work plan whilst ensuring programmatic approaches are technically sound, evidence-based, and consistent with USAID requirements.
- Ensures the project achieves the greatest possible impact, meets the highest quality standards and ensures project compliance with USAID rules/regulations and Pathfinder SOPs, including technical guidelines.
- Serves as the senior representative for the Project to USAID, host country government agencies, development partners, and civil society organizations. Cultivates and strengthens positive, productive relationships and ensures that Pathfinder is consistently viewed as an effective implementing partner and achieves project targets.
- Collaborate with the MEL Advisor to ensure robust monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, plans, systems and indicators to capture and monitor/evaluate project resources, performance and results.
- Collaborate with the Finance and Operations Director establish and maintain the ongoing financial and grants operations, including monthly pipeline reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of finance deliverables.
- Partners successfully with Pathfinder’s Program Director/s and financial, technical, and operations officers by providing accurate and timely reporting and coordinating provision of relevant technical assistance based on project needs.
- Ensures that appropriate security guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly, and adhered to by staff. Monitors the security situation and provides leadership for emergencies.
- Inspires and motivates the project team to implement performance objectives and mandates in a timely and cost-efficient fashion.
Required Education and Work Experience:
- Advanced degree in public health, social sciences, or related field.
- Over 10 years of progressive program management experience overseeing USAID funded projects.
- Professional experience working in a senior management position for USAID-funded projects.
- Experience in program management and administration, financial management, award compliance and sub award management, and tracking activity performance and costs.
- Experience leading strategic partnerships and working collaboratively with donors, Government institutions, and international organizations.
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of public health expertise and experience, including strong relationships with the Ethiopia MOH, USAID and other relevant stakeholders.
- Experience leading, managing, and developing direct reports within a matrix culture.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in Pastoralist regions of Ethiopia.
- Proven writing and speaking skills in Amharic and English language.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Ability to travel to project sites (up to 35%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
- Position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Please Note: This position is contingent upon project award and funding.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- At least 35% local and International travel
Application procedure / How to apply:
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Please submit your application via this website no later than October, 12 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Safeguarding and Protection
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with for us and expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.
How to apply
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now