Deputy Chief of Party – Ethiopia PHC Programme Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
The 5-year $40M USAID/Ethiopia Pastoral Primary Health Care (PHC) Activity will improve reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes by strengthening PHC in pastoral areas of the country.
- Provides managerial and technical support to the COP, including leading the development of strategies, creating work plans, development of deliverables, compliance, and reporting according to USAID requirements
- Provides technical guidance/assistance to project staff and partners for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating activities for the accomplishment of project objectives.
- Oversees financial and administrative functions of the project and provide capacity building as needed.
- Oversees the monitoring of project performance to ensure project objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- Initiates and nurtures partnerships with new and existing stakeholders including the private sector. Manages close collaborative relationships and engagement with national level government stakeholders.
- Represents the project and internal and external technical meetings and conferences.
- Provides strategic oversight and leadership to subcontractors, local teams, and local partners
- Serves as COP in COP’s absence
Required Education and Experience
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of relevant technical expertise and experience, interpersonal skills and professional relationships, including strong relationships with USAID, the Ethiopia MOH, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in program management and administration, financial management, award compliance and sub award management, and tracking activity performance and costs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, Government institutions, and international organizations.
- Oral and Written proficiency using Amharic and English.
- Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Ability to travel to project sites (up to 35%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
- Position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Please Note: This position is contingent upon project award and funding.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- At least 35% local and International travel
Application procedure /How to apply:
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Please submit your application via this website no later than October, 12 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Safeguarding and Protection
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with for us and expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.
How to apply
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now