Accountant Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) seeks to recruit Accountant who will be a member of CIMMYT Ethiopia office in Addis Ababa located at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), Addis Ababa campus.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is an autonomous, non-profit making, international scientific organization operating under the aegis of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). More specifically its mission is to encourage, support and undertake activities to improve the productivity, profitability, and sustainability of maize and wheat systems in the interest of the resource poor in developing countries.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Registration of incoming invoice (Accounts payable and advance) in QuickBooks as per the guideline and chart of account;
- Ensures that payments have proper authorization and supporting documents;
- Prepares remittance of payment proposal for each incoming invoice registered;
- Ensures that payments are made in line with the remittance proposal confirmation;
- Follows up the supplier open items to check the registered invoices are approved;
- Prepares weekly cash position report including forecasted project and other expenditure;
- Ensures the availability of enough cash at the bank and liaises with HQ for transfer of operating cash to CIMMYT Addis office;
- Ensures that payment are made on time;
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation and passes the necessary adjusting entries and interbank transactions;
- Participates in the closing of monthly and annual books of accounts;
- Checks the accuracy and compliance of petty cash expenditure and its timely replenishment;
- Reviews monthly charges from ILRI, assigns proper budget codes and ensures that charges are recorded in Quick Books;
- Liaises with CIMMYT HQ and ILRI regarding financial and accounting related matters;
- Assists with the facilitation to annual/external audits;
- Assists with the preparation of operational budgets;
- Performs other duties as requested.
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting certification is an added advantage
Broad / specialized knowledge of methods, techniques and processes
- At least five years of relevant experience in an international organization or NGO
- High computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Accounting software)
- Good written and oral communication in English language
- Integrity and capacity to keep confidential information
- Ability to organize work and archives efficiently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural organization
- Knowledge of Quick Books is a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is an added advantage
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Position level: HG 13
Minimum Base salary: Birr 31,979 per month (negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a National Staff (NS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: A/C/31/22 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com on or before 6 October 2022.
CIMMYT/ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
To find more about CIMMYT, visit our Website at www.cimmyt.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now