Country finance manager – Ethiopia Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
JOB CONTEXT: Fundings: ECHO, PRM, EHF, BHA, CDCS, MoFA Luxembourg, UNHCR, FCDO, GFFO Budget size: EUR 4,5 Millions
Humanity & Inclusion has been implementing development and humanitarian interventions in Ethiopia since 1986. HI was working in the area of physical rehabilitation, inclusive education, mine risk education, community based rehabilitation, HIV and AIDS, capacity building of local associations of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs), inclusive sexual reproductive health, protection and recently on COVID 19 response. HI has also been implementing protection projects for Internally Displaced Persons and South Suddenness Refugees. Currently, HI is implementing an inclusive protection projects in Somali region, Liben Zone (Filtu and Deka Suftu districts) and Benshangul Gumuz region, Kamashi zone as well as integrated multi-sectoral lifesaving response to conflict and climate induced affected IDPs in Somali, Oromia, Southern Nation Nationalities People (SNNP) regions, Benshangul Gumuz region, Kamashi zone and Gambela refugee camp.
HI promotes an inclusive approach by focusing on access to services for all whenever possible rather than developing specific actions for people with disabilities. HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and the society.
HI Ethiopia also signed strategic partnership agreement with different International NGOs with commitment to support their programs are inclusive humanitarian action.
Reporting to the program director, and in collaboration with HQ, your main responsibilities are:
- Team management: – Directly a team of 3 finance/accounting officers (structures the work around identified processes, steers performance and facilitates the resolution of problems). – Strategy: makes it explicit, translates it into operational objectives for his or her team, leads the necessary changes. Gives meaning to each management action. Encourages inter and intra departmental exchanges of practice.
- Strategy and streering : Contributes towards the drafting, revision and implementation of the financial section of Operational Strategy (StratOp) • Oversees the breakdown of financial strategy into action plans and advises on financial issues. • Produces, compiles and analyses financial indicators • Is in charge of the assessment, mitigation and treatment of financial risks.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with HI’s financial policies. Processes, tools, and supervise internal control.
- Operationnal implementation: You ensure: • Financial and budget management • Accounts management • The financial management of institutional funding in compliance with “donor” guidelines and contractual obligations • Cash-flow management
- Emergency preparedness and response
• Masters degree in Finance Management, or Business Administration • With 3 years experiences in finance field with increasingly higher levels of responsibility, you have already been in successful in management of teams in the humanitarian sector • You have: – An experience setting up systems and procedures in new structures. – Capacity building skills and know how to develop capacity-building techniques. – A proven expertise in financial management and institutional funding
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation. We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
• 6 months International contract starting from November 2022 • The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation: o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2757€ gross/month upon experience • Perdiem : 515,90 € net/month – paid in the field • Paid leaves : 25 days per year; • R&R : according to the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per months Position: Single posting or couple • Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects • Housing: Individual taken in charge by HI
How to apply
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now
Leave a Comment