Business Analyst & Test Lead – Mastercard Inclusive Identity Project Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
Our client is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights & building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities & stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women & children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict & persecution. Our clients need for software & information system support continues to grow, as does the need to continuously improve & expand information & communications systems & infrastructure across the organization. Through the pilot project our client in Ethiopia is seeking to test a particular biometric authentication during distribution processes using Mastercard’s Inclusive Identity (IID) technology. The pilot project in Ethiopia, in partnership with Mastercard, intends to test a biometric authentication modality during distribution processes using Mastercard’s IID. Mastercard’s IID solution enables the population of concern to our client (in the frame of this pilot specifically refugees) to verify their identity & to confirm receipt of their entitlements with their biometrics, by showing the authenticating party their face along with their identity credential (in the frame of this pilot specifically their smart card identity document) containing pre captured, tokenized, digital biometric reference data for offline matching on a smartphone or tablet operated by our client / partner staff. Our clients existing solutions authenticate biometrically against non tokenized biometric data held on a server (locally or over the internet) rather than authenticating against tokenized biometric data held on a credential owned by the refugee. The matching process under Mastercard’s IID technology works on commercially available mobile devices (smartphones, tablets), including the Android smartphones already available in the operation in Ethiopia, which is currently using them for the Global Distribution Tool (GDT). To prevent abuse of or unauthorized access to the biometric reference data embedded in refugee identity documents, prior saving, Mastercard’s IID application will use a one way data transformation function to convert the biometric template to an irreversible identity token, which then will be digitally signed. The pilot project has the following objectives:
- Authentication using biometric features (i.e. face) in online & offline environments running on commercially available non proprietary smartphones or tablets, whenever needed for integrity checks during service delivery processes (i.e., upon entry to the distribution site & at each distribution point), without access to & data exchange required with a central data base.
- As part of quality control, add a layer of verification enabling refugees to acknowledge with their biometrics receipt of assistance to validate relevant transactions.
- Strengthen integrity & accountability in the distribution process without compromising the protection of sensitive personal information which may otherwise happen through sharing unencrypted data with government entities of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (govt.) involved in the distribution process.
- Empower refugees to be able to demonstrate anywhere that our client / RRS issued smart cards belong to the rightful individual (smart card holder) following a successful 1:1 biometric verification against identity token(s) stored within our client / RRS issued identity document.
- Provide learnings on potential future developments of our clients digital identification systems, including using new approaches to mainstream end user research as part of development & roll out & potentially testing & piloting human rights due diligence approaches.
- The Ethiopia operation requires an experienced Business Analyst / Test Lead to lead analysis as well as testing as part of the Mastercard’s IID project. The role of the Business Analyst is to take ownership of working with business & field stakeholders to elicit business requirements as part of the Mastercard IID project. The main purpose of the role is the capture & documentation of high level & detailed requirements from both a business perspective & a technical viewpoint & the production of robust functional designs & business processes to support custom development of a new Android application. The role of the Test Lead is to effectively lead the testing team. The Test Lead must manage & implement or maintain an effective testing process. That involves creating a test infrastructure that supports robust communication & a cost effective testing framework, develop a test strategy for the project, ensure that the test strategy is in place & coordinate with the developer, business owners & test team & create the test plans & test case & assign the test cases to the testers. Both (in sequence consecutive) roles will be filled by the recruited staff. The initial requirement for the Business Analyst / Test Lead is to provide their expertise during the initiation & planning phases of the project with a view of future integration into PRIMES in sight, for further project phases.
The key responsibilities of the Business Analyst role include:
- Facilitate business & field requirements capture through consultative processes as part of the technical workstream.
- Translate business & functional requirements into a comprehensive solution & user stories.
- Take ownership & responsibility for developing & delivering the detailed business requirements to support the delivery of a high quality solution.
- Work collaboratively within the project environment to ensure solution is clear & development meets business needs.
- Produce relevant documentation in line with our clients Project Management Lifecyle (PMLC).
- Support project implementation & business readiness activities to ensure that any new operating models, processes & procedures are in place & embedded.
- Maintain business analysis best practices & standards throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist & help with the analysis & solution definition of the different business requirement participate on the testing, documentation & training of the functionalities, enhancement & fixes implemented for our clients operational tools
- Interface with system design & development counterparts to finalize enhancement / change request specifications.
- Assist in coordination of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & perform UAT as needed on behalf of the future system user.
- Prepare end user training materials & assist in formulating training approaches aligned with the functionality being deployed.
The key responsibilities of the Test Lead role include:
- Oversee & coordinate the testing activities.
- Define the testing strategy & ensure the appropriate planning & management of the test resources.
- Build a testing team (Test Case Writers, Testers, etc..) with appropriate skills & identify training requirements.
- Organize test scenario sessions to ensure that all positive & negative test scenarios are in scope of the test plan.
- Coordinate, with the concerned team & arrange the hardware & software requirement for the test setup.
- Check / Review the test case & their associated items, including test data.
- Organize the testing kick off meeting.
- Assign task to testing team members.
- Ensure that all testing documents / artifacts is documented & maintained in the repository defined by the organization (DevOps).
- Implement, monitor & enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by the organization.
- Organize the status meetings & send report to all stakeholders.
- Act as the single point of contact between development team & test team.
- Track & prepare a report, on a regular basis, for activities like testing results, defects discovered & their status, etc.
- Ensure the timely delivery of the testing milestones.
- Prepares a final report at the end of the completion of project.
- The Business Analyst / Test Lead will report weekly against assigned deliverables & progress with the Senior Business Analyst in GDS, DIRS, under the overall direction of the Project Manager in Ethiopia. It is expected that the s / he will work closely with key staff & partner stakeholders such as the Solution Engineer, the Ethiopia Country Office & Sub Office, Mastercard & UNECA as well as Reginal Bureau & HQ counterparts. In addition, s / he will work with other project steering committees, stakeholders, Workstream Leads, Solution Architects, external managed service providers & suppliers to ensure business requirements are met.
- University Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant business analysis & test lead experience.
- Previous success driving business requirement gathering & delivering required documentation.
- Knowledge of Agile & Waterfall development methodologies.
- Relevant experience of working with end users to capture requirements, requirements analysis & dissemination to Software Engineers, Developers & Testers.
- Previous experience working as part of a program & under the oversight of a PM.
- Comfortable using Skype, Teams, Webex & WhatsApp to communicate & collaborate with team members.
- Previous experience in working for humanitarian organizations, in particular with refugees & vulnerable persons.
- Experience in a testing efforts, techniques & tools.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify problems & develop solutions.
- Comfortable & resilient in challenging current ways of working & offer a more beneficial alternative.
- Proven track record of operating in high intensity environments with time critical pressures.
- Excellent organizational skills, reporting & documenting.
- Strong organizational credibility to report to governance bodies & to senior stakeholders.
- Testing & analysis skills.
- Very good understanding of business processes, requirements (user stories).
- Knowledge of all aspects of the software development process.
- Thorough understanding of large scale IT management systems & applications.
- Previous experience of working on interoperability initiatives.
- Knowledge of national or international regulatory frameworks on the protection of personal data.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now