Administrative Associate I – Internal/External Vacancy in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Administrative Associate I – Internal/External
- 21 Oct 2022
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) seeks to recruit an Administrative Associate who is required to give administrative and finance related support to staff and consultants in the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT Ethiopia office. She/he will closely work with the Finance Officer II and Administrative Officer to ensure smooth running of Administrative and Financial Operations in the office. The incumbent will be a member of the Alliance which is based at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) campus in Addis Ababa.
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. The Alliance focuses on the nexus of agriculture, nutrition and environment. We work with local, national, and multinational partners across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and with the public and private sectors and civil society. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people. The Alliance is organized into six key levers: 1)Food environment and consumer behavior – reshaping the food environment and consumer behavior toward healthy and sustainable diets; 2) Multifunctional landscapes – fostering innovation for environmental health and productive landscapes to improve livelihoods; 3) Climate action – mainstreaming climate action in the food system to reduce risks; 4) Biodiversity for food and agriculture – making agricultural and tree diversity available and safeguarding it for the diverse needs of food system actors; 5) Digital inclusion – promoting inclusion in the digital agriculture revolution for equitable benefits; and 6) Crops for nutrition and health – putting nutrition and health at the heart of crop improvement to address the triple burden of malnutrition. The job will provide support to the Multifunctional landscapes lever in Ethiopia though the day-to-day follow-up of project implementation on the ground, leasing with partners and researchers at federal, regional and local level, and analysis, interpretation, and presentation of scientific evidences.
- Provides administrative, secretarial and accounting support to ABC Ethiopia office;
- Drafting routine correspondences, proofreading all works for accuracy and conformity before signature;
- Setting up and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system for correspondences;
- Maintains calendars, schedules and coordinate appointments of the Country Rep for ABC;
- Arranging travel for Staff, Consultants and Partners;
- Preparing Travel Authorizations (TAs) on ILRI Agresso and follow-up;
- Raising payment requests on ILRI Agresso for Staff Travel Advances and follow-up on payments with ILRI Finance in a timely manner;
- Raising Travel Authorizations (TAs) on Ex-BI’s Travel Tool;
- Processing Staff Travel Advances and follow-up on timely payments with Ex-BI IMPREST Account;
- Preparing and seeking approval of Bank Payment letters for Staff Travel Advances through Ex-BI IMPREST Account;
- Preparing Travel Expense Reports (TER) and follow-up on payments with ILRI Finance as directed and approved by the Account Analyst;
- Preparing Staff Travel Expense Claims (TEC) with Ex-BI and processing reimbursements;
- Preparing and seeking approval of Bank Payment letters for Staff TEC reimbursements with Ex-BI IMPREST Account;
- Maintaining of files of staff Travel Expense claims and supporting documents;
- Assisting in timely workshop/meeting advance request submissions on OCS and follow-up on payments with ILRI Finance;
- Preparation of payment sheets and timely communication with Bank for Workshops and Meetings per diem payments;
- Preparation, submission and clearances of workshop/meeting advance settlements and follow-up with ILRI Finance on timely closing of Staff advances;
- Preparing and seeking approval of bank payment letters for Consultants’ salaries, follow-up on timely payments through Ex-BI IMPREST Account;
- Timely submission of Consultants’ salaries/payment requests on ILRI Agresso and follow-up on payments;
- Assists the Finance Officer II in monthly IMPREST Account closing process, collecting bank deposit slips and giving the required support in compiling documentations;
- Assists the Administrative Officer in preparation of workshops, meetings and trainings;
- Responds to queries from staff members, Consultants, ILRI Units as required
- Registry of monthly mileage records of Institutional vehicles;
- Assists the Administrative Officer in Operations, Procurement process and Office Administration as required.
- Diploma in Secretarial Science and Office Management from a recognized university or college
- Knowledge in relevant field and use of simple tools and equipment
- Two years of relevant experience in secretarial work and office management
- Very good team player
- Good communication and organizing skills
- Computer literate
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Position level: HG 10
Minimum Base salary:
- Birr 18,506 per month (Negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: : This is a National Staff (NS) position, initial appointment is for two years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and funding availability. Bioversity International offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits in line with ILRI salary applicable for its National Staff. Bioversity is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: AA/ABC/32/22 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 21 October 2022.
ABC/ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
To see job detail and apply click: Apply Now