The Regional MEAL Officer will monitor the projects, programmes, and awards in a defined geography to generate learning, support evidence-based decision making, and demonstrate the results of Hope for Justice’s work.
MEAL Manager (with a dotted line to the Senior MEAL Officer
MEAL minimum standards
· Work with programme colleagues to ensure each project and award has in place the MEAL minimum standards defined by Hope for Justice (following the MEAL DPro approach).
· Together with the Senior MEAL Officer, build the capacity of local staff members to be involved in data collection and general monitoring activities.
·Oversee and support ongoing data collection and collation, undertaking regular data quality checks.
· Review data on a monthly basis, working with programme colleagues to prepare analyses of findings by project and award. This will include analysis of performance against targets agreed with donors, government, or internally.
· Make regular visits to project sites as part of monitoring activities.
· Ensure all data are stored and used in ways that comply with data protection policies and laws.
·Compile data and information for donor reports in a timely and accurate manner.
· Compile monthly written reports for the Senior MEAL officer.
· Assist in the production of quarterly and annual reports as required by government partners or donors.
· Ensure data required for internal reporting is accurate and provided by agreed deadlines.
· Ensure data is available to share with survivors and other stakeholders, helping to ensure we are accountable to our clients.
· Provide regular project updates in suitable formats and respond to specific requests for project data at the Lighthouse level.
Evidence and Learning
· Provide data as requested to support the development of concept notes and proposals.
· Support evaluation exercises with existing or additional data, as requested.
· Promote Hope for Justice’s core values of Honoring, Openness, Professionalism and Empowerment across the organization and partners
· Undertake any other duties, as appropriate to the post, as delegated by the MEAL Manager.
· Represent the organization in different review meeting, workshop and network meetings.
– Understand and uphold the standards outlined in the Hope for Justice Safeguarding policies, acting with due care and attention to safeguard the wellbeing of anyone that comes into contact with our work and reporting concerns if they do arise.
Key Result Areas
· Data is accurate, relevant, and available on a timely basis.
· Projects and awards follow MEAL minimum standards and have developed the associated documentation.
· Reports are accurate, timely, and provide the information and analysis required.
· Survivors and other stakeholders have the information on our work to be able to hold us to account.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including excellent listening skills.
· Resolute, and committed to achieving high quality standards and striving for excellence.
· Accurate and attentive to detail.
· Good analytical thinking skills.
· Good organisational skills.
· Understand basic Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning principles (ideally as they are defined within MEAL DPro).
· Training facilitation skill.
· Ability to write accurate, concise and informative reports.
· Language proficiency in written and spoken English.
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
· First level university degree in Statistics or other Social Science-related fields.
· MEAL DPro or equivalent qualification is desirable.
· Understanding of and experience in the field of modern slavery and human trafficking is desirable.
· At least relevant 2 – 5 years’ experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning in INGO
– Experience working with vulnerable children and families.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter in one pdf/word format including your salary expectation & notice period to Hope for Justice, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please put the position you are applying for ”Regional MEAL Officer” in the subject line.
Closing Date: April 06/2023
The Hope for Justice promotes diversity in the workplace. Regardless of age, marital status, ethnicity, sex, color, country origin, religion, or sexual orientation, Hope for Justice evaluates all applicants solely based on their merits.
Leave a Comment