John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this Activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable health care system through the use of data for decision making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed). The primary objectives of the Activity are to 1) support information technology systems and data repository at all levels; 2) build a culture of data use; and 3) improve capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
Under the supervision of Deputy Lead Technical Advisor-Digitization, the Project Manager will provide high level support to the public agencies and ministry of health in the adoption and scale up of digital health tools and infrastructure advice. He/she is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of activities and compliance with JSI policies and regulations.
Job Title: Project Manager, High Level Support to Public Agencies and Ministry of Health
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Deputy Lead Technical Advisor, Digitization
Posting Location: Addis Ababa
Specific responsibilities of the Project Manager will include, but not limited to the following:
● Understand and keep track of the digital health activities in the work plan by working closely with the Deputy Lead Technical Advisor, Digitization.
● Participate in, and provide support and advice to public agencies and Ministry of Health
● Work closely with DHA’s implementation team and plan, organize and scale ups together.
● Manage relationships with key stakeholders including the Federal Ministry of Health by presenting DHA and address any issues that may arise.
● Represent DHA on digital health related working groups and meetings.
● Scope and prioritize activities based on business and stakeholder impact.
● Ensure activities performed by DHA are recorded and reported as per the reporting standard.
● Manage and maintain interagency relationship.
● Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
● Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
● Prepare timely reports to the Lead Senior and Deputy Technical Advisor, Digitization on activity status and issues.
● Occasional travel to user sites to assess product and project performance.
● Supervise other MIS staff supporting software development and/or implementation.
● Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s polices on fraud management.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (IT, information systems, business, etc) is required.
● Experience working with in public agencies and/or Ministry of Health
● Minimum 8-years of Experience working on the automation, development/customization and implementation application using the CommCare platform.
● Experience on Android device manipulation.
● Must have deep knowledge of business processes of the Federal Ministry of Health and its agencies.
● Experience in leading the process of mobile app development using agile methodology is required.
● Experience with the day-to-day execution of established agile management practices with software development team is required.
● Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects is desirable.
● Proven ability to manage the development and implementation of project activities.
● Strong representational and interpersonal skills.
● Excellent written and verbal English; proficiency in Amharic.
● Ability to prepare and present technical information to partners.
● Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children are a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff is suited to work with the children served by our programs
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than April 18, 2023.
1. Fill out the online application form using the form. If you don’t fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
2. Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
3. You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
4. Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
Application deadline: April 18, 2023
Leave a Comment