About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in five of the Regional States of the country. VisionFund MFI is currently looking candidates for the position of Senior HR Officer based at the head office. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the direct supervision of HR Division Manager, the Senior Human Resource Officer is responsible for performing various human resources activities, which include recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and termination as per the Institution HRM manual and policies. He/She will provide various employee services and employee counsel.
2. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare vacancy announcements, post through necessary media and conducts registration of applicants.
• Participates in the process of internal and external recruitment process.
• Liaise with Area HR and Admin Officer, Area Manager and Department Heads to identify the vacant position occurred and fill the vacant position on time.
• Handles Employee transfer, promotion and demotion requests as per the Institution policy.
• Handles correspondences with employees and process Manager;
• Follow up and ensure pre – employment formalities fulfillment (like, guarantor, forensic examination, reference check)
• Make sure employee document fulfillment as per the checklist and properly document at proper places.
• Prepare job offer, employment letter for selected candidates and share to concerned departments;
• Provide support and Advice for Area HR and Admin Officer;
• Handles requests for payment of salary and various employees’ benefits;
• Handles staff contract termination and clearance related activities;
• Updates employee information in hard copy / on data base;
• Follows-up, collect, check and communicate with other processes & update employee periodic performance evaluation points on the data base;
• Follow up employee probation evaluation period to issue their permanent letter or cease their contract on time;
• Processes employee insurance benefit schemes timely;
• Processes the authorization of payment of various employee allowances and benefits;
• Participates in the HR policy revision and/or development;
• Supports and advises team members and involve in the day- to- day activities of the team;
• Compile monthly HR Report and share to HR Officer – HRIS & Documentation and HR Division Manager;
• Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• BA Degree in Management, Human Resources Management or related fields.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, out of which 2 years in senior position.
• Integrated knowledge and understanding of human resources concepts, practices, systems, and procedures;
• Knowledge and understanding of labour law.
• Ability to interact and deal with people;
• Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision making skills;
• Firm belief in teamwork and gender equality;
• Basic computer skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Candidates who fulfill the above requirements can send the application letter, updated curriculum vitae with names and addresses of up to 3 references and non-returnable copies of credentials to VFE_Vacancy@wvi.org.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply!
Note: – Only short listed candidates will be contacted for subsequent assessment
Leave a Comment